Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-06-2005, 01:25 AM #1
Reptiles Canada: Terms of Service (TOS,Please Read!)
Rules and Terms for using the forums (referred to as the TOS)
FIRST: Access to ReptilesCanada.com through a proxy server, or other cloaking service is strictly prohibited. Should you have a legitimate reason that requires you to use a proxy server or other similar configuration, you MUST e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission to access before registering, or if you are already registered, immediately after first use.
1. Using profanity is not allowed and is grounds for having your post deleted. This includes trying to bypass our filter by using alternate characters to spell a profane word. Posts deemed to be offensive will be removed immediately. This includes racist, sexist, religious,political, hateful or sexual comments or content.
2. Post messages in the correct topical forum. Off-topic posts will be moved to the appropriate forum.
3. Please do not Cross -Post. Making identical posts in different forums is prohibited.
4. Personal attacks or making libelous statements about individuals or organizations is prohibited. Well thought out counterpoints are more effective and contribute more positively to the community.
5. Inciting fights will not be tolerated.
6. Showing disrespect towards moderators or admins will not be tolerated. If you are given a warning or direction by a mod, you are expected to heed their instruction.
7. Advertising other forum web sites is not permitted. You may put a link in your signature or refer to another site in your post if it pertains to the topic of a thread, but the topic and reason for the link can't be primarily to promote another site or product/livestock shown at such site.
8. Please do not put more than 5 (five) lines in your signature, this helps with the flow of threads. This includes blank lines.
9. Advertising of Retail Stores in the forums is not permitted.. We offer paid advertisements for anyone that needs it.
10. Purposely filling the message board with senseless or unnecessary posts will not be tolerated.
This includes posts of the "me too" variety as well as duplicate topics and cross-posts.
11. Posting personal messages on the forums is prohibited. Please leave ALL personal messages to E-mail, PM or phone conversations. "Personal Messages" are anything private or directed to a specific individual with content not pertinent or of use to others. This guideline should be pretty self explanatory.
Posting text, that occured in privacy between two individulas, onto the forums, such as PM's, emails, facebook & MSN messages is also prohibited.. such private mails posted publically will be removed without warning.
12. Posting petitions or links to petitions is prohibited.
13. Classified ads are prohibited in the forums. This includes links to ads on other sites or any posts where the content indicates that you are looking to buy or trade animals/goods or to sell animals/goods.
Any post in the forums deemed to be a classified, will be deleted without notice.
Please feel free to use our free classified section for “For Sale” and “Wanted” ads
14. USER NAMES
Creating multiple user names for the same individual is prohibited.
User names or avatars deemed to be profane or offensive will be changed or deleted.
Any user allowing friends, visitors, siblings, spouses etc. to post under their login name assumes the full responsibility of assuring all content posted conforms to the rules of the TOS. Failure to do so may result in a ban on the user name.
Rules and Terms for using the Classifieds section:
15. All sales are between the seller and the buyer. Classified users agree not to hold Reptiles Canada or any associated member responsible for any bad deals or financial losses..
16. Items such as guns, drugs, stolen property or other contraband etc are prohibited.
The auction section is for Herps and Herp related items only.(no garage sale items)
17. Members must list their correct personal name along with their Reptiles Canada user name, business name, location and contact information when posting items for sale.
18. Sales tax when and where applicable are the responsibility of the seller to collect and submit.
19. All reptiles must be advertised either captive bred (CB), wild caught (WC) or long-term captive specimens (LTC).
20. Members found to be fraudulent in dealings ,will be banned from using and or viewing the Reptiles Canada classifieds.
21. Reptiles Canada reserves the right to remove any ad at any time without offering any notice to the posting member or the membership
22. Please fully utilize the capacity of each classified before loading additional ones within the same category.
If you have 9 animals to sell, please list all nine in the same ad and upload the associated pictures, or links.
23. Please allow 72 hours before reposting the same ad.
24. When uploading pics for ads, please only use pics that represent the species/product that you are selling.
25. Only upload pics that are yours, or ones you have permission to use if taken by another. Using other's pictures without consent is a
copyright violation and is prohibited. Any such pictures/ads will be deleted without notice.
26. Animals and other goods offered for sale must be the property of the member placing the ad. Placing ads for others, or for animals not in the advertisers possession, is prohibited.
27. The Registration Agreement Terms you agreed to before registering, included below, apply in
addition to the above rules.
Registration Agreement Terms:
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any
generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message.
Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions
of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these
people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening,
sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead
to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed).
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the
webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or
close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have
entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any
third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held
responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your
viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and
password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).
No part of the site ReptilesCanada.com (forums, gallery, classifieds) can be duplicated, copied, edited,
linked to without written permission from the admin of the site. Pictures, comments, threads and posts remain
property of ReptilesCanada.com